Wednesday, March 30, 2011

India vs Pakistan match fever grips celebrities

Indian middle order batsman Yuvraj Singh has asked cricket fans in the stadium to sing national anthem loudly to support the Team India.
“Sing Jana Gana loudly to boost the morale of Team India,” Yuvraj Singh tweeted ahead of the cricket’s ultimate battle at PCA ground in Mohali.
India vs Pakistan: Live commentary and score card
Several Bollywood fraternity have also wished best of luck to Team India on microblogging website Twitter.
Preity Zinta: Good Luck Team India!!!
Amitabh Bachchan: "All asking, if I am going to Mohali for the match .. no I am not.. I am working... and neither is Abhishek going. Team relaxed rahe, bas yahi dua hai (praying that the team keeps it cool).
Sonakshi Sinha: Best of luck India.. De ghumaaakeee!!!! hehehehaaa
Sunil Shetty: Today’s match is one of the best matches.
Vivek Oberoi: Wish that India win the match against Pakistan.
Madhur Bhandarkar, who will watch the match live from Mohali tweets: My heartily wishes for the men in blue. We will win today-Vande Matram
Arshad Warsi: "unfortunately I will miss the match as I will be in air when the match is on. My gut feel is that India is winning."
Shilpa Shetty: who is in Dubai, says, she can't wait for the match. "Butterflies in my stomach, wonder what players must go through... shudder!"
Dia Mirza: "Office working but I am certain the TV will be on with intermittent yelling and cheering. Fun."
Pritish Nandy: It is the real battle between Indian batsmen and Pakistan bowlers.
Sania Mirza: "Okkkk...here we gooo...good luck Team India..more than a billion wishes are with you...give it ur all..(sic)".
Shane Warne: "Big game today India vs Pakistan. Tough to choose a winner. Leaning towards whoever bats first. India to win in a thriller - just !!!!."
Actor Rahul Bose tweeted that he was on his way to Mohali to watch the match. Kunal Kapoor, another Bollywood actor, tweeted that the tension was "unbearable".
The hype over the match reached a crescendo Wednesday as a lot of cricket buffs took leave from work to watch the match. They did not forget to post their online updates, of course.
Abhinav Singh, an advertising professional, said: "This is one match I just couldn't have missed. So I applied for casual leave and thankfully my boss was understanding enough to grant me the day off! I have called over a few friends to my place so that we can watch the match together and root for India."
Sara Mishra, a student, posted on Facebook: "The big day is here! Good luck Team India! I am sure you will bowl them over".
Author Chetan Bhagat also rooted for the home team on Twitter, saying: "Alright men in blue, d-day today! Cream pak, so they finally realise why partition was a bad idea (sic)."
To all the maddening hype around, Bhagat said: "I know the match is getting overhyped, but it's ok. We get few such moments of national unity. We are one today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...